Townsville is a substantial city situated on the coast of far north Queensland 1,360km north of Brisbane and 350km south of Cairns.
Townsville offers a very desirable lifestyle, combining all the facilities of a major city with the beauty of The Great Barrier Reef, tropical islands, rainforests, waterfalls and the outback.
Popular attractions include The Strand, a long tropical beach and garden strip; Riverway, a riverfront parkland attraction located on the banks of Ross River; Reef HQ, a large tropical aquarium holding many of the Great Barrier Reef's native flora and fauna; the Museum of Tropical Queensland, built around a display of relics from the sunken British warship HMS Pandora; and Magnetic Island, a large neighbouring island, the vast majority of which is national park.
Townsville Airport is North Queensland’s regional hub, providing connections from capital cities with direct flights servicing Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney to outlying North Queensland. The airport is located 6km west of the city centre. The Airport is served by all three major Australian domestic carriers as well as regional carriers.
Townsville's public transport system consists of bus services operated by Sunbus. Sunbus provides regular services to and from many parts of the city, and also operates several express routes.
In addition to the bus system, Taxis operate 24 hours a day and service all parts of the metropolitan area.
Population and Climate
Townsville has a population of approximately 180,000.
Townsville has a dry tropical climate with average temperatures ranging from 19°C to 28°C.
Average rental prices range from $300 to $400 per week for a unit or townhouse, and $350 to $500 for a house.
Median purchase price approximately $441,000 for a house.
Median purchase price approximately $374,000 for a unit.
Short Term accommodation options include caravan parks, hotels and serviced apartments for example;
- Townsville Holiday Villa By The Strand
- Oaks M on Palmer
- Park Regis Anchorage
- Seagulls Resort
- City Oasis Inn
Townsville has 6 practices throughout the city.
First Floor, Northtown on the Mall, 280 Flinders Street, Townsville, QLD
- 7 surgeries in the practice with modern equipment and lab facilities on site
- Located in the North Town Centre in the Flinders Street Mall
- Approximately 5km from the Townsville International Airport
- Situated near Medicare Tropical Bodies Gym, Medical Centre, and Townsville Public Library.
49 Fulham Road, Pimlico, Townsville, QLD
- 5 surgeries in the practice
- Located in a former residence
- Approximately 6km from the Townsville city centre and 6.5km from The Townsville International Airport
- Situated near the Mater Hospital, Anderson Park Botanic Gardens, and Pimlico High School, Barrier Reef Community Child Care Centre and Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE.
85-89 Bundock Street, Belgian Gardens, Townsville, QLD
- Purpose designed and built practice with 7 modern surgeries
- Great location and parking facilities
- Approximately 3.5km to the Townsville city centre and approx 4km from the Townsville International Airport
- Situated near, Medical Centre and Pharmacy, Post Office, Belgian Gardens State School, and Townsville Grammar Secondary School. 3kms from Townsville's beautiful seaside strip, The Strand.
Medilink Retail Centre, 100 Angus Smith Drive, Douglas, Townsville, QLD
- Located in the Medilink retail complex
- General shopping centre parking available
- 7 surgeries in the practice
- Approx 10km to the Townsville city centre and 12km to the Townsville International Airport
- Situated near, Townsville Hospital, Unihealth Medical Centre, James Cook University, and Tech NQ Trade School.
Centro Woodlands Shopping Centre, 1 Palm Drive, Deeragun, Townsville, QLD
- 3 surgeries in the practice
- Located in the Centro Shopping Centre
- General shopping centre parking available
- Approximately 17km from the Townsville city centre and 14km from the Townsville International Airport
- Situated in Townsville’s rapidly growing Northern Beaches region, near Woolworths Supermarket, Northern Beaches High School, Bohlevale Primary and Preschool, and Woodlands Doctors Surgery.
1199 Riverway Drive, Rassmussen, Townsville, QLD
- 6 Surgeries in the practice
- Located in a small shopping precinct
- Car parking available
- Approximately 20km from the Townsville city centre and 17km from the Townsville International Airport
- Situated near: Walters IGA Supermarket, Apex Park, Good Sheppard Catholic Community School, Upper Ross PCYC Outside School Hours Care, St Annas Early Education Centre, and Upper Ross Medical Centre.
Townsville City Council - www.townsville.qld.gov.au/
Local Transport - www.sunbus.com.au/sit_townsville.htm
Tourism - www.australianexplorer.com/